Age Spots Natural Treatment
Age spots are spots that appear on a person’s skin as they age. They are normally caused by the sun when the skin is overexposed to it. Age spots may interfere with a person’s appearance and for this reason, a lot of people want to remove them or at least reduce their appearance. They mostly form on the face and arms. There are a variety of treatments to remove age spots but many of the most effective ones can be expensive and are not easily available to the average consumer without a lot of disposable income. This has led many people to seek alternative options of treatments to get rid of age spots.
Natural treatments for age spots are safe to use and can be as effective as any commercial treatment. Here are some of the tried and tested home remedies that have helped many in treating age spots.
- Lemon juice is an astringent and it can greatly reduce the appearance of age spots if applied continuously. Squeeze lemon juice over a cotton ball and apply it to the age spots day and night. The age spots should improve with time.
- The sap from a dandelion stem is effective at fading age spots. Simply cut off the stem of a dandelion and squeeze out the sap and apply it to the age spots daily. Allow it to dry and leave it on for a few hours then wash it off.
- Mash a small amount of chickpeas and add water to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste to the age spots in the evening before you sleep. Allow it to dry and wash it off in the morning.
- Castor oil is known to improve the appearance of scars and it is considered by many as a wonder oil. Apply small amounts of castor oil to the age spots and rub it in. Do this every morning and night.
- Aloe Vera has always been used in healing products and using it in its purest form is another way of getting rid of age spots. Take an Aloe Vera stem and cut it to reveal the gel beneath it. Apply this gel to the age spots. With time, you will notice a decrease in the appearance of the spots.
- One natural remedy is actually a prevention. By staying away from overexposure to the sun, you are preventing any age spots from forming and this is especially required if you do not have any age spots currently. Or equally, if you already have age spots this will help to prevent new ones from developing, or your existing brown spots becoming darker.
Comments on this entry are closed.